If you are looking for a recipe to use up your ripe bananas, look no further!
Dense, rich and chewy; these double chocolate chip banana brownies make the perfect guilt-free treat. Even better, they are super easy to make and take no time at all to bake.
1. Preheat your oven to 175ºC.
2. Grease and line a 9” x 7” baking pan with greaseproof paper. A little bit of coconut oil is perfect greasing the pan!
3. Put your blended oats in a bowl along with your cacao powder, baking soda and vanilla powder (fi you are using vanilla extract, add this to the wet ingredients instead). Mix together until combined.
4. Blend your bananas, coconut nectar and lemon juice together.
5. Add this mixture to your dry ingredients and stir in gently to combine.
6. Fold in your chocolate chunks.
7. Bake for 15 minutes (until you can poke a knife into the brownies and it comes out clean).
8. Allow to cool in the tray for around 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack and removing the greaseproof paper lining.
9. When it has cooled, cut up into brownie squares and enjoy with a cup of tea! You can drizzle on a little extra melted dark chocolate if you fancy it too.