Beautifully fresh and nutritious, this dish is so simple to make and tastes divine. It is an excellent weekend lunch dish and as healthy as it gets - only 190 calories per serving!
1 bunch of sage leaves
1 butternut squash, spiralised
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp coconut oil
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 17 mins
1. Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for a couple of minutes. Set aside to cool and then chop them roughly.
2. Heat 1tsp of the coconut oil in a saucepan.
3. Fry the garlic and sage gently for 2 minute in the oil until the sage has wilted. Set aside.
4. Add the remaining 1 tsp of coconut oil to the saucepan, add the spiralised squash and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
5. Fry the squash for 2 minutes.
6. Add 2tbsp of water and 1tbsp of lemon juice to the saucepan.
7. Put the lid on to the saucepan and cook for 8 minutes until the squash is tender, stirring a couple of times during the cooking time.
8. Add the garlic and sage to the pan and stir in.
9. Serve sprinkled with walnuts and fresh sage.