This is a beaut of a recipe! Every vegan should have a 'go to' three bean chilli and this one really hits the spot; it is hearty, warming and filling.
Enjoy this delicious high protein, low calorie and low fat three bean chilli loaded on top of a baked sweet potato, with a side of our guacamole and moreish chile con queso. That is what we call the perfect healthy vegan dinner!
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 onions, diced
10 cloves of garlic, minced
3 carrots, finely diced
2 peppers, diced (red, orange or yellow)
6 tbsp tomato puree
3 red chillies, finely diced
3 tsp cumin, ground
3 tsp coriander (dried seeds), ground
2 tsp smoked paprika
5 tins of chopped tomatoes
700g tomato passata
3 tsp coconut aminos
2 tins of kidney beans
2 tins of other beans (e.g. pinto)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and garlic over a medium heat until the onion has turned translucent - around 5 minutes.
2. Add the carrots and peppers and fry for 8 minutes.
3. Add the tomato puree, chillies and spices (cumin, ground coriander and smoked paprika) and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, passsata and coconut aminos and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the beans, season and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Top with fresh coriander on serving.