A deliciously rich and tangy sauce with a hint of chilli and fresh basil. This pasta sauce is incredibly easy to make and is bound to go down well with the whole family. It’s also perfect for making in a big batch to store in the fridge or freezer for an easy grab and go lunch or dinner.
Serve this hearty sauce with rice pasta and a sprinkling of our delicious vegan parmesan.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, finely diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp coconut sugar
3 tbsp of tomato puree
1 tsp of chilli, finely chopped (more if you like it hot!)
2 tins of tomatoes (or 800g of passata if you prefer a smoother finish)
2 tbsp of fresh, chopped basil
Freshly ground black pepper
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 25 mins
1. Fry the onion and garlic in the coconut oil for around 5 minutes, until the onion starts to go translucent.
2. Stir in the tomato puree and then add the rest of the ingredients except for the basil and pepper.
3. Simmer for 20 minutes to thicken the sauce up, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the basil, season with a little salt and lashings of freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. Serve with a rice pasta or spaghetti and top with a sprinkling of vegan parmesan.