A rich, dense and velvety chocolate loaf topped with a dark chocolate drizzle, perfect served with an afternoon cup of tea.
This chocolate drizzle loaf is a joy to make; easy peasy, quick and the perfect treat to have ready for visiting guests. They won’t even realise that it is vegan!
100g oat flour (just blended oats)
100g coconut sugar
30g cacao powder
1 tbsp flaxseed, ground
1 tsp vanilla powder (or 2 tsp of extract)
1 tsp baking soda
250ml almond milk
40ml coconut oil, melted
2 tsp lemon juice
40g dark chocolate (for the drizzle)
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C and line a loaf tin (approx. 8” x 5”) with parchment paper.
2. Make your flax egg by combining the ground flaxseed with 2.5 tbsp of water and leaving for 10 minutes.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, sugar, cacao, vanilla powder and baking soda).
4. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and combine with the dry ingredients (almond milk, coconut oil, flax egg, lemon juice and vanilla extract if using instead of vanilla powder).
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until a knife or skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly in the tray before turning out onto a cooling rack.
6. When your loaf has cooled make the chocolate drizzle, which is just melted dark chocolate. You can either melt your chocolate in the microwave or using a bowl rested over a pan of simmering water.
7. Drizzle the melted chocolate over your loaf, leave to cool and then cut up and serve.