Who doesn’t love a banana split? This is a retro dessert with a twist; it’s raw vegan, truly delicious, low fat and HEALTHY. Say what?!
Usually the banana is the only healthy bit of this traditional dessert, but this time it is topped with creamy nice cream made with fresh strawberries, nutrient packed cacao and vanilla. Smother your ice cream with more fresh fruit and a sprinkling of grated dark chocolate and you will be one happy vegan.
1. Remove the frozen bananas from the freezer and let them thaw for about 10-15 minutes to enable easier blending.
2. To make the vanilla nice cream - blend two of the partially-thawed bananas with the vanilla in a high speed blender (a Vitamix works well). Put the vanilla nice cream back in the freezer whilst you make the other two nice-cream flavours.
3. To make the strawberry nice cream – blend two of the partially-thawed bananas with the strawberries. Put the strawberry nice cream back in the freezer whilst you make the last nice cream flavor.
4. To make the chocolate nice cream – blend the last two partially-thawed bananas with the cacao.
5. Slice open your fresh bananas and put them each into a serving dish, top them with a scoop of each of the nice-cream flavours, fresh fruit and a grating of dark chocolate. Enjoy!